All it takes to be a star — four chords
All it takes to be a star — four chords
See, if we allow gay marriage then what will be next — a man will his cat?
I guess it’s true.
Just found a pic of the happy couple
I can understand that Vincent Ferrari was upset that it took so long for him to cancel his AOL account, but really did the ‘Today’ show need to interview the guy and report on what happened to him. I think we all have been on the phone for more than 20 minutes while trying to cancel accounts, and we have patiently waited through it. I think it’s sad that the poor AOL representative was probably doing what he was instructed, which is to talk to the customer about his account usage and how he should not cancel his account. But now he has been fired. It’s also sad that this once instance is be trumped out as AOL having bad customer service. Yellow journalism should never be tolerated
I can understand that Vincent Ferrari was upset that it took so long for him to cancel his AOL account, but really did the ‘Today’ show need to interview the guy and report on what happened to him.
I think we all have been on the phone for more than 20 minutes while trying to cancel accounts, and we have patiently waited through it.
I think it’s sad that the poor AOL representative was probably doing what he was instructed, which is to talk to the customer about his account usage and how he should not cancel his account. But now he has been fired.
It’s also sad that this once instance is be trumped out as AOL having bad customer service.
Yellow journalism should never be tolerated
I saw ‘The Cove’ in February in time for The Oscars, and I was floored by the documentary.
When I sat down to watch the movie, I didn’t fully realize what the documentary was discussing. I am glad it won The Oscars, because it deserved it. And we all need to help dolphins, and stop the slaughter of these innocent animals.
Go to http://www.takepart.com/thecove and see what you can do to help
1. I think part of a best friend’s job should be to immediately clear your computer history if you die.
2. Nothing sucks more than that moment during an argument when you realize you’re wrong.
3. I totally take back all those times I didn’t want to nap when I was younger.
4. There is great need for a sarcasm font.
5. How the hell are you supposed to fold a fitted sheet?
6. Was learning cursive really necessary?
7. Map Quest really needs to start their directions on #5. I’m pretty sure I know how to get out of my neighborhood.
8. Obituaries would be a lot more interesting if they told you how the person died.
9. I can’t remember the last time I wasn’t at least kind of tired.
10. Bad decisions make good stories.
11. You never know when it will strike, but there comes a moment at work when you know that you just aren’t going to do anything productive for the rest of the day.
12. Can we all just agree to ignore whatever comes after Blue Ray? I don’t want to have to restart my collection…again.
13. I’m always slightly terrified when I exit out of Word and it asks me if I want to save any changes to my ten-page research paper that I swear I did not make any changes to.
14. “Do not machine wash or tumble dry” means I will never wash this - ever.
15. I hate when I just miss a call by the last ring (Hello? Hello?!), but when I immediately call back, it rings nine times and goes to voicemail. What did you do after I didn’t answer? Drop the phone and run away?
16. I hate leaving my house confident and looking good and then not seeing anyone of importance the entire day. What a waste.
17. I keep some people’s phone numbers in my phone just so I know not to answer when they call.
18. I think the freezer deserves a light as well.
19. I disagree with Kay Jewelers. I would bet on any given Friday or Saturday night more kisses begin with Miller Lite than Kay.
20. I wish Google Maps had an “Avoid Ghetto” routing option.
21. Sometimes, I’ll watch a movie that I watched when I was younger and suddenly realize I had no idea what the heck was going on when I first saw it.
22. I would rather try to carry 10 plastic grocery bags in each hand than take 2 trips to bring my groceries in.
23. The only time I look forward to a red light is when I’m trying to finish a text.
24. I have a hard time deciphering the fine line between boredom and hunger.
25. How many times is it appropriate to say “What?” before you just nod and smile because you still didn’t hear or understand a word they said?
26. I love the sense of camaraderie when an entire line of cars team up to prevent an ass from cutting in at the front. Stay strong, brothers and sisters!
27. Shirts get dirty. Underwear gets dirty. Pants? Pants never get dirty, and you can wear them forever..
28. Is it just me or do high school kids get dumber & dumber every year?
29. There’s no worse feeling than that millisecond you’re sure you are going to die after leaning your chair back a little too far.
30. As a driver I hate pedestrians, and as a pedestrian I hate drivers.
31. Sometimes I’ll look down at my watch 3 consecutive times and still not know what time it is.
32. Even under ideal conditions people have trouble locating their car keys in a pocket, finding their cell phone, and Pinning the Tail on the Donkey - but I’d bet my behind everyone can find and push the snooze button from 3 feet away, in about 1.7 seconds, eyes closed, first time, every time!
Every month, I try to win Oprah Winfrey tickets, and this month is no different, except that the show is not offering tickets this month because of the tight production schedule.
But when I went to apply, I did see that they are offering last-minute tickets to their ‘Eat, Pray, Love’ taping. To apply you have to say why you should be in the audience.
Shoot - I just deleted what I wrote for my submission, but basically it said that though I enjoyed reading the book, I was annoyed by it’s message that when things get rough in your life, just take a three-country vacation and all will be OK. It’s sad to me that woman have been devouring this book and this message, but there is no way we can have these experiences. I would love a book where a woman goes through severe trials and tribulations and just deals with it while facing the real world. I have lost a job, a father, and a car in one year, and God, I would love to travel to Italy, Indonesian, or India to solve my problems.
The second episode of Top Chef gets even better. This time they brought on the superb Meki Phifer. I have loved him in everything he has done — and there is just something alluring about his presence. Same can be said with his bday party on Top Chef.
I wouldn’t have minded some unschooling in my life, but alas I went through the public school system.
This story on GMA has caused a lot of conversation among my friends about how much structure is needed in a child’s life.
After all of these years, I feel that a lot of structure does help to scult an awesome human being.
It took me forever to drive down here, but I finally made it by midnight. I haven’t been to Austin since 2009. I came here in January of this year, but it doesn’t really count because I swung thought town on my way to a wedding.
So now I am here — let the adventures begin. First on the list — pedicure and shopping. Followed by the pool, dinner and Opals?
It turns out that though it may seem disgusting, the Double Down, KFC’s latest heart wrenching sandwich, is only 540 calories. It’s supposedly better for you than the Big Mac, though it probably doesn’t taste as good as the Big Mac.
So who is going to take the challenge and eat one? I have to say I am really curious.
I am a few weeks behind on watching and sharing this video, but I finally watched it and loved it.
Great song, and what balls to do what she did. I couldn’t.
I finally made it to Twisted Root for one of Dallas’ best burgers. And I have to admit, it was great. I LOVE burgers. They are one of my favorite foods. Nothing on it but the common dressing and mayo. It must have mayo.
I ordered the Buffalo Burger because the menu promised me it was 92% lean. I figured that since I was indulging, I might as well try to make it not too glutenous. However, I did top that with some curly fries, and Twisted Root’s own-brewed root beer. My guilt took over, and I switched over to Coke Zero — but really the damage to my diet had been done.
If you haven’t been to Twisted Root — you need to make a trip out there for lunch. And by out there — I just mean Deep Elum on Commerce Street.
My friend MM said there is another great burger joint in Dallas, and I will have to find my way there soon. I just love that I got to go here, because it feels like I am making my way through Dallas and have landmarks to take friends to if they come to visit.
As there site says — It’s slap yo momma good!
But lunch had a sad not as I was saying goodbye to WL, who is moving to Houston this weekend to take over the producing helm of ABC 10 p.m. night news show.
Without Marvin Zindler, I am not sure how much fun it will be.
I am not sure how I feel about this. It is completely wrong to sit around stare at people like this, but when interviewed, it seems like those employed at the park are enjoying their new life.